Isthmus Dental, Ltd - Dentist Madison, WI
From first contact at Isthmus Dental Ltd, our Madison dentists are committed to your individual attention and strive to provide personalized oral health care tailored for your unique dental needs and goals. We work hard to create the ultimate stress-free and comfortable dental experience. Your health and comfort are our top priorities, and we do what it takes to help every patient understand their symptoms and treatment options in a relaxed office setting.
It is our mission to educate and provide our patients with the best dental care in Madison. For that reason, we've designed this website to provide you with all of the important information you need to make healthy decisions about your teeth and gums. We encourage you to browse our office page, service details and patient education library whenever you have a question about our practice or your oral health.
Achieving quality dental care shouldn't be difficult, so at Isthmus Dental Ltd we make it simple to achieve your healthiest, most beautiful smile. Whether you are looking for information on implants, teeth whitening, crowns, or preventive care, you can learn more about all of your options from our services page. For your convenience, you can also request an appointment online with our Madison dentist and download patient forms directly from our website.
Feel free to contact our Madison office with any questions. Free parking available. We look forward to making each visit to our office a positive experience.
We are happy to announce our clinic will be open to serve you with regular visits again beginning May 29, 2020.
You will see a number of changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have implemeneted these changes to help protect our patients, staff, and community.
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. We will review these same questions to note any changes when you arrive for your appointment.
- One new requirement that we are asking of our patients is to complete a COVID-19 screening online under "Patient Forms" two days prior to your appointment online or by calling our office.
- Patients are required to wear a mask while in our office. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- We will provide you with hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We provide each patient with protective eye wear for their appointment. This eye wear is sterilized after each patient use, but if you feel more comfortable bringing your own, we encourage you to do so.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment in order to reduce the number of people in the reception area. A care-giver or a parent may accompany the patient. Only the patient will be allowed in the clinical operatory, with rare exceptions.
- Please arrive 5 or fewer minutes before your appointed time.
- We ask that you call or text us when you have arrived and then wait in your car until we notify you that we are ready for you to come into the office.
- Please minimize the personal items you bring with you.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will be checking your temperature and your oxygen saturation when you arrive for your appointment. We are also screening our team members every morning. Team members and patients who do not pass the recommended readings will be asked to go home. The pulse oxymeter readings can be affected by dark nail polish or having cold hands. We may need to ask you to reschedule if we cannot obtain an accurate reading.
We are using industry leading practices to help protect our patients and team.
Disinfection and Air-Filtration:
- We have purchased fourteen Medify Air medical grade HEPA air purifiers with multi-stage filtration of particles down to 0.1 microns, which is smaller in size than Covid-19 at approximately 0.125 microns. Every room in our facility will have an air purifier, including each of our patient treatment rooms, one in the waiting room and one at our front desk area. All fourteen purifiers will be operating continuously throughout the day. You can learn more about these air purifiers at https://medifyair.com/
- To ensure air traveling through our facility from our heating and cooling system is disinfected, we have invested in a medical grade UV-C light system for our HVAC. There are 2 lights, one positioned at the return and one positioned at the supply of our HVAC system. This will allow the maximum time and exposure of the air to the UV-C light. You can learn more about this system here: https://www.honeywellhome.com/us/en/products/air/uv-air-purifiers/uv-air-purifier-with-airbright-odor-absorption-uv2400u5000-u/
- We will continue to use EPA approved surface disinfecting solutions and using disinfecting protocols recommended by the CDC and OSHA between each patient. We will be increasing the frequency of disinfection of all hard surfaces in the patient waiting room, front desk, patient bathroom, door handles & light switches.
Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Our team is provided with the highest quality PPE available.
- Due to the additional PPE that our team will be wearing, we will be keeping our office cooler. You may want to dress more warmly for your appointment.
- We have rearranged our reception area and placed social distancing indicators on the floor to make social distancing easier.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We will continue to closely monitor updates from the ADA, CDC, OSHA and the Department of Health Services and will continue to seek guidance from these agencies. We will keep you informed of any changes.
We are excited to get back to work and begin seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will be calling those of you who had an appointment that needed to be canceled in order to re-schedule. If you would like to make an appointment, please call our office at 608-257-0116.
Thank you for your continual support. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
As novel coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnoses continue to increase around the world, we are committed as always to providing a safe and hygienic environment for our patients and team. Updates may change day-to-day but currently, individual state dental associations are recommending for dental practices to suspend nonessential or non-urgent dental care for the time being to help with social distancing efforts in order to help slow the spread of the virus. If you have a dental need and are unsure of the next steps, please do not hesitate to give us a call so we can help you! Our phone lines will be staying open and appointments will be available on an as-needed basis. We will keep in touch if current guidelines change and will let you know of any updates. Thank you for your trust in us, and we look forward to helping you with your dental care in the future.
Click here to find a guide from the ADA on determining emergency visits: http://heitke-vu.com.edit.officite.com/covid-updates.html
Meet the Doctors
Dr. Jerzy Wozniak
Dr. Jerzy Wozniak graduated from the University of Illinois – Chicago, earning his dental degree in 2003.
Dr. Golden Vu
Dr. Golden Vu graduated from Loyola University Chicago in 1997 with a B.S. degree in Biology